Revista Română pentru Studii Baltice şi Nordice – The Romanian Journal for Baltic and Nordic Studies is a biannual peer-reviewed journal dedicated to publishing the results of research in all fields which are intertwined with the aims of The Romanian Association for Baltic and Nordic Studies such as:
• History of Baltic and Nordic Europe;
• Baltic and Nordic Europe in International Relations;
• Baltic and Nordic Cultures and Civilizations;
• Economics of Baltic and Nordic Europe;
• Relations between Romania and the Baltic and Nordic Europe;
The journal has been established with the aim of fostering research and dialogue among scholars working in Romania and abroad in fields of research related to the interests of ARSBN. In the interest of pluralism, RRSBN accepts contributions in English or any other major European languages.
In order to promote the knowledge of the Baltic and Nordic languages and cultures in South-Eastern Europe, additional issues of the journal may be published on the internet with articles in any of the Baltic or Nordic languages or in Romanian, case in which a different ISSN and numbering system will be used. The general submission guidelines apply in this case two, except for the English language abstracts which must consist of some 300 to 400 words.
We are eager and honored to open our pages to all both senior and young scholars engaged in studies regarding the Baltic and Nordic Europe and Romania’s relations with these regions, along with any reviews on other published books and articles calling attention. Our journal will also host reviews of any scholarly events focusing on any of the themes of the Association.
• Articles should be submitted as email attachments in Microsoft Word format to the Editorial secretary at email@example.com .
• Contributions must be original and should not be under consideration by any other publication at the time of their submission. A cover letter in this sense should accompany the manuscript.
• The maximum length for consideration of an article is 6,000 – 12,000 words (including footnotes), and 700 – 1,000 words for a review.
• Please submit double-spaced papers in 11-point Book Antiqua font with 2 cm margins. Footnotes should be in 9-point.
• All research articles must include a 100-200 word English language abstract (and in Romanian or one of the Nordic and Baltic languages when applicable) and at least five English language key words.
• Submissions should include complete bibliographic references (including page numbers) in footnotes.
• Final bibliography should be inserted at the end of the article.
• For general rules of grammar, form, and style, authors should refer to The Chicago Manual of Style (The University of Chicago Press).
• All manuscripts will be subject to anonymous peer review, and will be evaluated on the basis of their creativity, quality of scholarship, and contribution to advancing the understanding of the regions concerned.
Please note that the the journal does not ask for article processing charges.
Next deadlines: June 1, 2019 (vol. 11, issue 1) and August 31, 2019 (Vol. 11, issue 2).